Feigning Clarity

You said “everything makes sense when she’s around”
And in some childish way, it 'hurted'
And I try to summon evidence that my brain reacts the same way to your souls presence
To use as grounds for my claim:
we could have Been Together
just like you said of all of those other girls you once knew,
the day you narrated your photos to me
so poetically I needed to enter you into a film festival
but I cant construct a sound argument
because in reality my thoughts beat to the same the tempo as my heart,
scrambling in a way thats as exciting and wild as your curly hair,
all because my own soul stumbles face first into your eyes
my ears swoon their individual swoons to the aesthetic cracks and depth of your calm voice
my skin itching for the day it feels even your stubble
I got over you long ago
This lie I tell myself straightens my spine and focuses my hearing 
and I bring myself to behave as if youre someone else, a comforting friend. 
Youre in a good mood.
Im always in a good mood around you.
A clear mood.

A start.

No comments:

Post a Comment