Mirror, Mirror (A Poem)

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who's the fairest of us all?
The mirror replied,
“Who do you think?”
At first I smiled,
But then I realized my stupidity.
The mirror saw my smile,
Then corrected itself.
“Not you my dear,
Think again and use your head this time.”

Genie,genie in the lamp,
Can you grant my three wishes now?
Can you make me pretty?
Can you make me tall?
Can you make me thin?
The genie laughed at me,
“I'm not that powerful, love.”

God, God in their imagination,
Don't think your there,
But if you are help me now.
I'm on my knees and begging.
What did I do so wrong,
That even the “all-forgiving” God can't forgive me?

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
It doesn't matter does it?
I cut my skin with my blade
And watch the blood run down my leg.
'Cus why do the scars matter if?
If I'll never be the fairest of us all?

Genie, genie in the lamp,
I'll skip this meal and maybe the next.
I'll buy some heels and make-up.
Could you grant my wish then?
Sure, it has some effects.
But what does it matter,
Since I'll finally be pretty, tall, and thin.

God, God in their imagination,
I know I've made mistakes.
I know I've done somethings no one can know of.
But why does it mater?
'Cus you aren't there.
So can you just leave it all alone?

Friend, dear friend sitting here reading this.
I'm so sorry for all the pain I caused.
And for the lies.
I'm sorry for the faked smiles,
And the forced laughter.
I'm sorry I'm not as innocent as I led you to believe.
I hope you can forgive me.

Even though I couldn't forgive myself.  

1 comment:

  1. There is a strange beauty even when we write of pain and death. Thank you for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete