my only love story

The rain fell down on the house roof like it was sent on a mission from God.
"Doesn't the rain look-"
"Nice?" she interrupted
"Well I was going to say-"
"Beautiful?" she looked piercingly into his brown eyes.
"I was going to say something like 'scary' or 'destructive'." he couldn't hold her stare so he looked away, his confidence fleeing like the birds had fled from the rain outside.
"You know Sam," he said to her. Still looking away. "you're kinda weird."
"Is that such a bad thing-"
"No I didn't mean it was bad I just mean you are kinda-"
"Matt... " she looked down.
"I'm sorry... You know I'm no good with... You know... Umm..."
Samantha Hall laughed.
"Words?" she said
"it's more the formation of sentences that I am no good at but yeah that."
Silence filled Matt's room and the light on his ceiling fan flickered as the rain raged on like a boar attacking the house.
"Matt, do you like me?"
She kept her stare down at the carpet.
"Sam I love you. I just love you like-"
Sam started to cry and as the tears dripped down her face Matt paused and thought of what to say. Taking a metaphorical ready stance of words. Attempting to format the sentences into something with some correct feeling.
"Don't you- don't you dare say like a sister. " Sam wiped the tears from her face and looked into Matt's eyes.
"I do." he whispered
"what? You do what? " she said.
" I do like you. And that scares me to death. That I can be so close to someone. So close that my love can make them cry."
Matt dabbed a new tear off of Sam's cheek quickly, and quietly, with his thin lips.
"I am just afraid that I will fuck things up." Matt said
"You just did the most non-fuckup thing you could have done Matt." she blushed and so did he. "can you..."
Matt leaned toward her. And Sam leaned toward him.
And the birds flew in the rain.

AUTHORS NOTE: sorry for the shitty story.

2 comments:

  1. Wyatt Williams if you apologize for posting one more great thing on DFTBW I will have to give you a stern talking to

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is incredibly sweet, and in no way shitty.

    ReplyDelete