Watching and Waiting

All the little people
In all their little wars
Ants, scrambling, scared
Of reaching the apple core
I want to float away
And watch them disappear
I want to erase the lines
No one sees but all fear
I'm invisible up here
Watching among the clouds
Listening to silence gathered
Force itself to be loud
I want to wipe the words away
That are said to just be said
I want to wash the ants away
And hide them in my head
Would the world be better?
Would the world be stronger?
Would the world be happier?
Could the world be wronger?
All the little people
Swarm upon the Earth
Hiding in pain and hate and fear
To scare away love and mirth
How do I reverse the tide
And bring back the hope that's fading?
Do I stop floating and do something
Or am I best watching and waiting?

1 comment:

  1. This needs music. Really. I don't know if you planned the song feel, but it is very much there.

    ReplyDelete