A Little Thing I Wrote for You

A Little Thing I Wrote for You (1/26/13)

what if I just wrote you
tiny little notes and left them in your locker
'cause that's all I'm good for
pretty one liners

what if I just wrote "you"
because you don't have a name
you're just a strange amalgamation of the strangers that I take

what if I just wrote: I hate how you assume
that when I say love it means I'm addressing you
even though it's true
even though it's not
because you're not love you're just bones and a heart
covered up in paper skin that's always getting cut

I could write a lot of things
I could try to explain
where I'm broken
where I'm bound
why I turn and run away

I could say them to your face
if I thought that you would hear
but let's be honest darling, you're never really here
I don't think you're really real
'cause no one's perfect
but I'll save
a million broken hearts until I find one that will chase

1 comment:

  1. I like the rhythm of this, the flow and the choppy combined.

    ReplyDelete