Dolphins On The Coast Of India, p.2

////Part 2 Begin



I was drowning. I was not usually drowning. But here I found myself in an unusual situation. 
There was a base drum pounding in my head to the beat of some song by Bach, I assumed. My arm was bleeding slowly like a violin playing the saddest song, slowly dying. My lungs taking in water. My arm pushing blood back out. "Blood for blood?" I thought, "What a sad metaphor."
A wave came over me and spun my head up over the water. I choked and spit out blood and water.
I saw the boat with my wide, relieved eyes. I tried to swim over with my bleeding right arm when a large jolt of pain ran throughout it. It arrived at the speed of a jet and left at the speed of a limping turtle.
I tried to swim with one arm but ended up being carried by the waves my head into the boat with hard thump.
My right arm started to get stretched out. 
I screamed.
That was all I could do.
I screamed out to the rain hitting my face and begged it to make the pain stop.
No scream stopped it.
Then the stretching stopped. I was so relieved that I let out a sigh of pleasure.
"You have to leave." A voice said, the distressed voice of my father said. "I have consumed too much of th--" He coughed and a pretty purple cloud raised out of his mouth, leaving bubbles on his dry dark lips. 
I was afraid of him, I couldn't quite say why.
He took a metal pole off the deck of the broken and battered boat.
"Dad?" I asked, but my voice just wouldn't carry over the sound of the rain beating the rocks we had crashed on.
"LEAVE!" He screamed at me. "YOU MONSTER!"
He thrusted the metal pole forward.
The pain in my arm left. I wanted to thank him for whatever he did to relieve the pain inside me, but then my abdomen started started radiating pain to the beat of the same Bach song.
Budum-budum-budum.
It got a little slower.
Budum--budum
"Thank you dad..." I coughed out with some blood.
"No..." He said. "No no no..." He grabbed another pole and placed one end on his chest and one end one the ground.
Budum---budumm
"Than...k...yo...u..." I stumbled out, still standing. I placed my hand on the side of the boat to stable myself.
"Don't" My dad said. "Son." He fell down and the pole went strait through him. The blood squirted up and a scream came out of nowhere.

Charlie woke up with a small scream and a jerk.
"Hey! Stay in your bed!" Rob said, looking concerned.
"Your eyes," Charlie said, "they look like frisbees with a little dot on them."
"Oh I see, you are still delirious." Rob shook his head, which made his spiked hair wobble unnaturally. "Why do I deal with you?"
"My dad stabbed me..." Charlie whispered. "But it was the chemicals, right?"
"Yes." Rob confirmed.
"Then why did you stab me?"
"The chemicals"



////Part 2 end


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being ever so clear and explaining so much more...
    Foreshadowing is only enjoyed by the reader in retrospect, the writer as future event. Please post the next part soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, part 2! God, everyone is so great I'm so excited about y'all!

    ReplyDelete